21 Mar 49ers hive mock draft 5.0
Welcome back! After some time away, Stewart and I are BACK with our 49ersHive Mock Draft 5.0!
With the NFL Free Agency frenzy underway, the needs of teams are dramatically changing, and with that change, comes the altering of multiple draft choices across the board. Some teams may draft on need regardless, others may take a different approach all together. In this mock,
Our 49ers so far have made the following transactions this offseason: Resigned Trent Williams, Emmanuel Moseley, Kyle Juszczyk, Dontae Johnson, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Daniel Brunskill, Ross Dwelley, Marcell Harris. and Jeff Wilson Jr.
They have signed: Alex Mack, Samson Ebukam, and Trent Sherfield.
Overall, the team has made a handful of key moves that may influence the direction of the incoming draft. How may that impact their draft choice? Let’s find out! Stewart took on the odd numbered teams, and I took on the evens.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence, QB, LSU
First up the Jags do the expected and the correct thing, they setup their franchise up for a decade with Trevor Lawrence.
2. New York Jets: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
The Jets can’t over think this pick. Darnold isn’t the guy and they have to reset. New regime, new answer
3. TRADE! MIAMI > CAROLINA PATHERS: Trey Lance, QB, NDSU
I believe they’ll consider Sewell, but a team with very few holes continues to stockpile picks to preserve the future trade with the Panthers. Picks swap #3 for #8, 2021 3rd, 5th, 2022 1st. Carolina select’s athletic standout Trey Lance.
4. TRADE! ATLANTA FALCONS > SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: Justin Fields, QB, OSU
This is the money spot. Trade back or pick… 49ers trade up to the Falcons to acquire Justin Fields. Falcons get 21’ pick 12, 2021 2nd, 2021’ 5th, 22’ 1st. Shanahan gets his man and the official reset at QB begins.
5. Cincinnati Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
A dream scenario, an outstanding OT prospect to protect Joe Burrow. Sewell is everything they could ask for, and more.
6. Philadelphia Eagles: Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
Weird spot to be in and another possible trade back, but this team needs to get QB Jalen Hurts weapons. Ja’Marr Chase is the man.
7. Detroit Lions: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
Detroit has a ton of issues, but they’ve invested in Goff and let Kenny Golladay leave, so this team needs some speed. Jalen Waddle is the downfield threat the team could desperately use.
8. TRADE! CAROLINA PANTHERS > MIAMI DOLPHINS : Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama
The team could go anywhere with this, but it’s Tua time and he needs a running mate. Devonta Smith would be the instant WR1.
9. Denver Broncos: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
Micah Parsons is big, fast, and a physical linebacker just like Vic Fangio had in his previous stops in Chicago and the 49ers.
10. Dallas Cowboys: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
Man has CB1 written all over his name and plays better than his skill set suggests. Dallas’s defense needs work, but addressing CB is a start.
11. New York Giants: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
Giants get a much needed weapon for Daniel Jones, as Kyle Pitts and Evan Ingram will create mismatches all over the field which should free up Saquon Barkley. They just signed Kenny Golladay, but this should not deter them from Pitts.
12. TRADE! SF 49ERS > ATLANTA FALCONS: Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan
After garnering multiple picks from the 49ers, Atlanta should be looking at fixing their pass rush. Paye’s refined skill set will pair well next to Grady Jarrett.
13. Los Angeles Chargers: Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
Rashawn Slater to protect the OROY Justin Herbert. I believe if the Chargers fix their OL they’re going to make a deep playoff run.
14. Minnesota Vikings: Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami
When healthy, Phillips is an absolute nightmare. The Vikings should take a chance on a DE with tremendous upside.
15. New England Phillips: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
A weapon to cover running backs and TEs which Bill Belichick will enjoy utilizing.
16. TRADE! ARIZONA > WASHINGTON: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
WFT ensures they get their QB in case of any other jump. Cardinals get pick 19, 21′ 2nd, 22′ 5th. WFT gets pick 16, 21′ 6th. Mac Jones can sit behind Fitzmagic for a year and learn from a solid QB.
17. Las Vegas Raiders: Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
Raiders are rebuilding their entire OL, Christian Darrisaw can start at RT to help Derek Carr stay upright.
18. Miami Dolphins: Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
Miami has solid players at RB, but they need a true workhorse. HC Brian Flores dips into the Alabama pool once again and takes stud RB Najee Harris.
19. TRADE! WFT > ARIZONA: Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC
After running for his life all of last season, the Cardinals look to give QB Kyler Murray protection. AVT can play anywhere on the OL.
20. Chicago Bears: Patrick Surtain, CB, LSU
After cutting veteran CB Kyle Fuller, the Bears get the biggest steal in the draft in CB Patrick Surtain.
21. Indianapolis Colts: Azeez Ojulari, DE, Georgia
A speed rusher to help that already incredible defense. Look out AFC, the Colts are coming in hot.
22. Tennessee Titans: Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
With the shocking Adoree Jackson release, the team is thin at CB. Give them Jaycee Horn, an annoying yet absolutely feisty CB who will annoy WRs for years.
23. New York Jets: Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri
Former 49ers DC Robert Saleh gets a reliable young linebacker in Bolton.
24. TRADE! PITTSBURGH STEELERS > TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: Jaylen Mayfield, OT, Michigan
Steelers move back 8 spots to the Bucs. Steelers get pick 32, 21′ 2nd and 21′ 6th. Bucs keep protecting Brady, draft OT Jaylen Mayfield, a solid prospect who is a great upgrade over Donovan Smith.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars: Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama
Big run stopping DT who showed in the playoffs he can take over games with his pass rushing ability.
26. Cleveland Browns: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
A match made in heaven, the Browns need consistent LB play if they want a real shot at making a deep playoff run. Collins is a 3-down LB who brings athleticism and thump to the front-7.
27. Baltimore Ravens: Rashod Bateman, WR. Minnesota
Lamar needs weapons to help him develop as a passer, the Ravens get him one. Bateman is a YAC nightmare who isn’t afraid of contact.
28. New Orleans Saints: Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU
This could be a trade back spot as the Saints may aim to get younger and cheaper, but regardless, they need weapons on offense. Terrace Marshall has the ability to be even better than his former teammate, Justin Jefferson.
29. Green Bay Packers: Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida
Devante Adams needs a running mate that’s reliable. Aaron Rodgers isn’t getting any older, and Matt LaFleur should be looking to get more creative on offense.
30. Buffalo Bills: Eric Stokes, DB, Georgia
The Bills should be looking to add more athleticism in their secondary. Stokes reportedly ran a 4.25 40-yard dash, Stokes would fit well in McDermott’s zone-style scheme.
31. Kansas City Chiefs: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
The rebuilding of the offensive line continues. After the “Mahomes massacre” in the Super Bowl, the Chiefs need to protect their franchise guy.
32. TRADE! TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS > PIITSBURGH STEELERS: Liam Eichenberg, OL, Notre Dame
Big Ben is getting old, and the Steelers recently lost two OL in Alejandro Villanueva, and Maurkice Pouncey. Eichenberg projects as an OG, but can play anywhere the Steelers want him to.
Like what you see? Like, Comment, and subscribe to the 49ersHive mailing list, where you can get updates on all of the latest, news, articles, and videos we have to offer!